View Single Post
Old 02-21-2024, 08:30 PM   #7
KaizaCorp
Enthusiast
KaizaCorp began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Sounds like you have white text on white background (or Black on Black)
try a color override (using preferences)
I last had it set to black text on sepia background. Let me clarify, no interface elements are visible, the window is completely blank. If I resize the window from smaller to larger, it becomes black. Some kind of rendering issue or elements not being drawn?

EDIT:

Okay, interestingly I can see the text and interact with the ebook if the window is started *not* maximized (however the text is not rendered properly, kind of jagged). If I maxmize it, everything goes blank again and I have to relaunch to be able to see anything. If I try to fullscreen it, instead of going blank the content of the window stays as is, but I can no longer see page changes or UI elements.

EDIT2:

Even stranger, if I take the non-maximized window with the jagged fonts (for both UI and ebook text) and drag it to the top of the screen (which is an action that would maximize the window) but *do not* let go of the mouse button and instead drag it down and away from that zone, the text is rendered with jagged edges.

So to recap:

Software rendering works, but:

- the window needs to be not full size on launch
- the window needs to be "refreshed" by moving it to the top area to maximize and back down again
- maximizing the window will prevent any changes from being rendered
- starting the window maximized only shows a blank window

EDIT3:

This behaviour is persisting even without the "--disable-gpu" environment variable on QTWEBENGINE_CHROMIUM_FLAGS, so still to do with this gpu driver version as I can't seem to get the software rendering to work.

Last edited by KaizaCorp; 02-21-2024 at 09:30 PM. Reason: Further data for the bug
KaizaCorp is offline   Reply With Quote