View Single Post
Old 02-01-2024, 06:02 PM   #46
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperwhite13 View Post
Oh, I see now. So they completely ignore the toc.ncx/toc.xhtml files? Are there many apps/devices that do that? I'm amazed they exist, given the emphasis on those files in the structure of an epub.

But other than that, would it be semantically correct to tag them as I did previously?
There are so many devices, and especially apps, that I couldn't really say how many did what, and how many didn't respect the standard in one way or another. That is why the recommendations are to be as simple as possible...it tends to work better on more devices. BUT, if the devices/apps in your target market are capable and standards compliant then you can get more creative.
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote