View Single Post
Old 01-31-2024, 11:26 AM   #25
jackm8
Zealot
jackm8 knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.jackm8 knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.jackm8 knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.jackm8 knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.jackm8 knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.jackm8 knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.jackm8 knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.jackm8 knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.jackm8 knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.jackm8 knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.jackm8 knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Have you tried other fonts besides Bookerly or other fonts that come on a Kindle?
I'm personally quite averse to all Kindle fonts. They're all too heavy for me. Even their Helvetica and Futura. I'll sometime move to Futura when just speed reading stuff that's of little importance to me, but I'll go with Adobes Futura BK instead of Amazon's Futura. I'm pretty sure that Adobes regular Futura is also slimmer and taller than Amazons.
While their serif fonts always had these heavy serifs that were rarely present in other fonts. That's something that was always puzzling me. E-ink is spectacular with thin serifs, even on very low resolution screens they look way better than on other display technology, yet all they give you is regular thick serifs and fonts that were originally designed for low resolution crt displays.
jackm8 is offline   Reply With Quote