View Single Post
Old 01-30-2024, 02:15 PM   #4
wold
Zealot
wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.

Device: Lux 5, Libra 2, PRS-T2N
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrw174 View Post
As long as the table structure is the same in both versions, it should be easy to copy over. If not, nothing a bit of SQL couldn't handle
I now recall having once received a 5.x books.db (with annotations) to fix a bug IIRC there were no substantial changes from 5.x to 6.x, and the bug involved a faulty assumption (read: over optimization). I think I'll keep the reader at 5.x for testing.

Your remark reminds me: buried deep in the 5.x updater, are scripts for upgrading the explorer DBs (the one with the books). One can extract the updater whole or in part using https://github.com/Vanuan/pocketbook_free_swupdate, but its so old it fails partly, and doesn't handle 6.x IIRC. Might be worthwhile to update it, as it provides an easy way to check for changes.

Remains the screen. What I'm now curious about is hacking the part that generates the screen buffer or bitmap, and extract that image. This seems to involve the (closed) libinkview driver. Attempting this will likely fail in more than one way, we'll see. First stop should be accessing the device root.

ps. Got a bit of deja vu re-reading this last paragraph. Wasn't there a similar advice some months ago?

Last edited by wold; 01-30-2024 at 02:28 PM. Reason: ps added
wold is offline   Reply With Quote