View Single Post
Old 10-24-2006, 01:25 PM   #24
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by radleyp
...Research is quite doable on a desktop, and you can read law cases on a desktop screen, but reading more than 50 pages is an unpleasant chore.
For me, reading 50 pages of reference books or textbooks in ANY medium is a chore...

But seriously, folks, I think the advantage here is simply that it's Adobe, a major player, and if they create an e-book standard (and assuming they do it right), they have the weight and the name to get people and organizations behind it... something that most of the present e-book format providers can't say. (It puts them equal with Microsoft, but at least Adobe has better street cred.) If the result is fewer formats, and less trouble finding an e-book in the format you want, I'm down with that.

Combined with a reader from a major player like Sony, they could be an effective combination. And if it's better than PDF for handhelds/smartphones, so much the better. (I'll have to look into converting to the new standard myself!)

Last edited by Steven Lyle Jordan; 10-24-2006 at 01:28 PM.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote