View Single Post
Old 01-07-2024, 08:49 PM   #1
Critteranne
Guru
Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Favorite Locked Room Mysteries?

Does anyone have recommendations for favorite locked room mysteries (both short stories and novels)?

Note: I'm using the term "locked room" -- but the term "impossible crime" works as well. The locked room might be a locked room in a mansion or a locked compartment on a train. Some experts also include crimes that occur in a remote location. (But others believe those should be called "closed circle mysteries" instead.)

John Dickson Carr ends up on many lists of favorite authors of locked room mysteries, so I picked up some of his books recently. I still have to read them, of course.

I also recently picked up books like "The Black Lizard Big Book of Locked-Room Mysteries" and "Golden Age Locked Room Mysteries" -- so if your favorites are short stories, they might already be in there.
Critteranne is offline   Reply With Quote