View Single Post
Old 10-24-2006, 12:04 PM   #18
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 / Nexus 7 / Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by radleyp
Alex, I fail to understand your enthusiasm. Reading ebooks on a computer is something no one I know who reads ebooks wants to do. This would be significant if the reader were aimed at a handheld: as it is, the Adobe Reader for handhelds is simply the worst reader there is, and it is that reader that Adobe should be attempting to improve.
Radleyp, you've hit the nail on its head! I believe no matter how hard Adobe tries to improve their Adobe Reader for handhelds and/or to make the PDF format more "mobile-friendly", they'll continue to fail. PDF was not made for mobile devices, and Adobe has finally acknowledged that. This is why I am enthusiastic. The company who has tried so hard over the past ten years to promote PDF as the e-document standard, a standard that works well for some things but definitely not for mobile devices and reflowable content, is suddenly shifting gears. To me this is definitely good news for all e-book fans.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote