View Single Post
Old 12-27-2023, 09:39 AM   #13
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbnJrg View Post
Be sincere. You build your epubs from Word and turn it into an ebook with Calibre. Because of that, your knowledge of CSS and HTML is very limited, you barely know the basics.
Stupid arrogant assumption.
I did websites, inc server side as a paid job, ever since CSS existed, and stupid websites with static HTML before that. Also many more years real programming: in C, C++, Forth, Modula-2 and Java. Designed and implemented hyperlink systems before HTML existed (though didn't use Apple's Hypercard). Designed and built multimedia systems before ebooks existed.
But ebooks, even epub3 (of which there are broadly 3 kinds) are not websites or even web pages. The specs are a subset, and actual implementations vary from different to a subset.
I've hardly used actual MS Word for over 10 years.
I test on epub apps (4.3" to 10" screen), 5 different brands of epub based eink (4.7″ to 10.3″ screen) and on three kinds of eink Kindle.
Was originally editing HTML and importing it to Mobipocket Creator, though mobi was obsolete when it came out.

I do make mistakes.

ThingA: auto
ThingB: some value

You seem to think vice versa is
ThingB: some value
ThingA: auto

It's not. Vice versa would be
ThingA: some value
ThingB: auto

KISS principle. Clever stuff breaks. You are a fanatic that would result in ebooks only working on a small percentage of actual retail users platforms. Are you a Moderator that you have the right to shut me up and close debate?

Last edited by Quoth; 12-27-2023 at 09:48 AM.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote