OK, I finally got it to save the images within .epub files. It's a kludge/hack but works for now.
The .oeb that gets created allows the .epub to include the extracted images and hence produces a usable .epub. TO DO: Need to see if I can Extract OEBFF from within OnBuildStart.
I can't say the same for the .oeb that gets created though. eBook Publisher can't even open the .oeb file it creates, so there is no easy way to extract the .oeb to get at the source files!
Use the ETI .epub
Build target if you want/need to tweak the conversion and change the source files (just unzip the .epub)!!!! Note: for text .txt file conversions to .imp, I had to re-edit the .tmp (html) file produced to remove the line-ending <BR>'s as without them it reflows better!!! The eBook Publisher inserted <p> ... </p> during the conversion do work well!
A few modifications:
- added version code starting at v0.1
- changed saved .opf filename so as to not overwrite input .opf. Naming convention is now "inputfilename_buildtargetnumber.opf"
- selected better defaults for some less known OnBuildStart project items (trust me these are required!)
- added defaults for title, author and category in case of an empty string passed.
- always creates a .oeb files, but only really useful when Build target is ETI .epub!