View Single Post
Old 12-06-2023, 10:32 AM   #56
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgedAngel View Post
I'm halfway through Stephen King's Holly, and am debating whether to put in the time to finish it. King seems be plowing the same field that he did in another Holly Gibney book I read not too long ago, the characters don't resonate with me, and I'm afraid the remainder of the book is going to wind up being a fairly standard chess game, or a predictable puppet show.

I like King's work (he's always an entertaining storyteller), but I can't shake the feeling I'm reading a rehash.

Pity: I'd looked forward to this release.

AA
I hated Holly. I DMF'ed it. It was predictable and boring to me
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote