View Single Post
Old 11-26-2023, 06:36 AM   #17
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapqa View Post
it is more difficult to transfer .acsm to Sony Reader in 2023;
just tried with PRS-T2, mine would no longer be recognized in Windows Version of ADE 4.5.

So what i did was to open the protected ebook in ADE with an Adobe ID, register my Sony Ebook Reader with the same ID on the Sony Reader for PC Software ;
right click on the ADE downloaded book, and from there choose "Show File in Explorer"
now from there you can see a EPUB file, which again with right-click you can "open with: Sony Reader for PC" and it would get correctly imported, provided you use the same Emailadress for both registration of ADE Authorization and Sony Reader for PC.

Now you can manually drag and drop in Sony Reader for PC the imported Epub to the Sony Reader.

It is a bit cumbersome, but in Windows it would still function, but not on my macs, for some unknown reason.
Even though i have a Kobo that gets recognized in ADE and would allow me to directly transfer the bought ebook from there onto the Kobo Reader, i still prefer the more sober Sony Reader as it is easier on the eyes and has nearly no EMF radiation;

so glad that it still could function in 2023, bravo Sony!
If you have a Kobo Libra 2, that Sony would be in a drawer faster then you can blink.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote