View Single Post
Old 11-20-2023, 08:31 AM   #13
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I can't take the Goodreads Choice awards seriously or care about the outcomes. Even more so than most popularity contests of its stripe. I remember one year when one of the biography choices in the final round was a book from the year before, as I knew because I'd read it the year before! I reported it but the poll was almost over before they finally removed it.

My guess is that poetry was removed because not enough interest and the kidlit topics removed because of agendas.
I agree with all of this and would add on the poetry issue: Amanda Gorman.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote