Originally Posted by ancalex
Thank you for this suggestions, they are very useful, it's a shame but I completely forgotten about filters in the open dialog. That's more better now.
Thanks for being so receptive to modifications!
Anyway for lit converting I find a program called "clit" at http://www.convertlit.com/ and seems to be interesting, it converts lit to OEBPS. I made some testing and it is working fast but the .opf project that is saved seems to be not compatible with Ebook Publisher's own .opf .
A while back I used the program Lit2sb
to convert .lit directly into .imp formats and even extracted the Lit2sb.pl
Perl script used. This program does the necessary changes to the lit .opf so that it can be used with eBook Publisher. The Perl script shows how it is done and has been proven to work extremely well. For quick setup instructions for Lit2sb, Mobi2IMP and PDFRead, see this post
Please detail me a little because I don't understood very well what you want to say with:
I guess I missing something, (never used .opf only for creating ebooks)
First, .opf files "hold" or specify everything that the ebook creation software needs to know, be it eBook Publisher or MobiPocket Creator. Each program uses a bit different setup, but the general coding remains the same. Now a .opf is also the cornerstone of .epub files, being a roadmap of its structure and where metadata is stored. They are very useful files to have!!!!
OK, now more on the .tmp files. Examine a .opf file leftover and even load it (by double-clicking it) into eBook Publisher after the ebook has been created. You'll notice that the .tmp holding the .html code is "missing" as are any images referred therein.
Now, if you look inside the ETI .epub (open it up with winzip or my preference being winrar), you will see the .opf above and THAT .tmp (html) file missing above. That file is what I want to have access to and most definitely would post-process it using many desirable text substiutions. However, that file and any images only existing in the temp directory created by eBook Publisher (and then deleted BEFORE I can get to it).
I tried creating a .oeb using any2IMP, but it appears broken in that it doesn't include the underlying base (html) .tmp file and any images. It used to work with v2.2.5 (before .epub support was added).
This is my current "mission", to get access to these .tmp files. Wish me luck!