View Single Post
Old 11-16-2023, 03:35 PM   #28
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Glad to hear you find it useful.

Setting the focus properly took me over 5 straight hours of trying different approaches since none of the QDockWidgets or TabManager are "normal" widgets. All hold other internal widgets (treeviews, webengine, QPlainTextEdits, etc). At first I could find nothing that ended up duplicating what a simple shift-tab or a simple mouse click could accomplish until I drilled down into each QDockWidget to see which internal element really needed focus set on.

I will rebuild the base.ts file tomorrow so translators can get started.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyEbook View Post
I built a new version of Sigil with the last commit and... it's great!

Indeed, these five main sub-windows are the most important elements of Sigil's interface, the ones we navigate most often. Once you've assigned keyboard shortcuts, you can get used to it very quickly, and it's especially important that you can 'escape' from CodeView, which most often took 'control' of the cursor.

VERY much!

As I use Sigil practically every day, I have become accustomed to its minor imperfections. That's why I usually read every post in the Sigil section on MR carefully, because often fresh users can articulate their needs better and suddenly it turns out that it can be even better!

Such easy jumping between windows is a real convenience for me to work without taking my hand off the keyboard.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote