View Single Post
Old 11-16-2023, 01:51 PM   #25
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Okay, for people who know how to build their own from our github Sigil master:

I have just now pushed to master the ability to use keyboard shortcuts (that you must assign in Sigil's Keyboard Preferences) to move focus directly to another major QDockWidget.

This includes: BookBrowser, CodeView, Preview, TableOfContents, and the ClipsWindow.

Find and Replace already has a keyboard shortcut to launch it, and the ValidationResultsView is typically run only when needed.

In addition, I have added a message to MainWindow Status Message area to indicate where focus has changed.

For those who prefer Accelerators, I appended these actions as menu items at the very end of the View menu.

In Keyboard Preferences see:
- Focus on BookBrowser
- Focus on Clips Window
- Focus on CodeView
- Focus on Preview
- Focus on Table Of Contents

It is up to you to find and set the shortcuts to these to get things to work.

Feedback on this potential new feature would be useful.

Translation .ts files will not be updated until things are final and this new feature is found to be useful.

Hope this helps.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote