View Single Post
Old 11-11-2023, 09:45 AM   #12
BionicGecko
Addict
BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Oasis 3 and Scribe
Just a follow-up post on this topic, I finally got around to playing with the Calibre Content Server, and unfortunately it is not a workable solution for me.

The Full-Text Search functionality only returns a list of books containing the looked-up word, with context for the first instance of the word found in the book; it won't mention how many instances of the word are found in the book, or provide context for the other instances found.

Selecting a book will actually download the book to the browser cache, which is not an ideal place to store cookbooks as they can be very large; once the book is downloaded, epubs will open at the first instance of the word in that book, while PDFs are simply opened at the beginning of the book.

Unfortunately I returned the Android device I recently bought, so the "Search in Books" solution mentioned above is no longer available to me. I'm back to square one!
BionicGecko is offline   Reply With Quote