View Single Post
Old 11-05-2023, 04:58 AM   #12
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantanplan View Post

Overall, it is a lot of work if you want to use it in a satisfactory way. However, if you put in the effort, you may actually have cleaner data in your reading history that goodreads or storygraph allows for.
As someone who has entered >500 books manually into Storygraph, the idea of doing it all over again on another site gives me the screaming heebie jeebies. Having that experience though does make me curious - how is the data Bookwyrm allows "cleaner"? Entering my exact editions into Storygraph has been and remains the one major pain point of the experience, but in the end, when I persist, I always get the exact edition - same ISBN,, same cover, same publisher, same publication date. The process is tedious and often requires intervention from either one of their volunteer librarians or the paid support staffer, so I often don't bother and just pick an edition that's "close enough" But when I do bother, everything matches. How does Bookwyrm exceed that level of detail?
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote