View Single Post
Old 10-18-2023, 12:55 PM   #1
Jackwc
Jackwc began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Automatic Tag Change OR Tag Shortcuts?

Hey everybody! Long time user, first time poster.

I do a lot of e-book tagging, specifically sub-tagging. For instance, I might have a tag like "Subject.Art.History.Movements.Baroque" or say "Author.By Era.Elizabethan" (at some point I might make a post about how I organize my tags if people might find that interesting).

Anyway, this can make bulk editing a bit of a pain. When you're typing in tags like, say, "Subject.History.By Region.Afro-Eurasia.Asia.East Asia.Japan," the autocomplete becomes pretty useless for a person like me because "Subject.History" already has several sub-fields, as do the sub-fields underneath that, and of course the number of sub-fields is always growing.

Two questions:

1. Is there a way to automatically change a tag? For instance, if I simply put in "German Author" can I have it so that it automatically changes that into "Author.By Region.Afro-Eurasia.Europe.Central Europe.Germany"? Is this a feature of Calibre, or of a plugin? I know that I can have automatic filters on books I IMPORT INTO Calibre, for instance.

2. Is there a way to use tag shortcuts? Is there away, for instance, to have a tag like "Author.By Region.Afro-Eurasia.Europe.Central Europe.Germany" be tied to a shortcut, so I type in "German Author" and the tag autocomplete brings up the former tag as an option?

All the best.
Jackwc is offline   Reply With Quote