View Single Post
Old 10-14-2023, 01:48 AM   #11
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle91 View Post
If you want to lock it down and make it ‘perfect’, then I recommend PDF. lol
Yeah, exactly. The deeper into this thread I got, the further my eyebrows climbed up into my head.

If I've learned ONE THING in all these years here, lads and at the shop, it's that this line right here:

Quote:
"I want to have absolutely restricted display options using..."
...is a recipe for disaster. That's a DANGER, DANGER WILL ROBINSON, DANGER! moment.

MQs are fine--but they're not going to do what the OP wants, not without causing greater grief somewhere else. This is the nature of ePUB--it reflows. It's never going to be "print perfect," as if print were ever perfect, either.

PDF then. That's what I'd do, if the goal of "locking it down" is more important than portability and ease of use. (And the other thing is that unless you "lock down" what eReader or software they're using--that's the tail wagging the dog, too.)

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote