View Single Post
Old 10-05-2023, 12:19 PM   #31545
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I've already picked this up as text and should get to it soon. As for the audio, I love Audra McDonald and of course the original experience of The Iliad was aural and I'm thoroughly familiar with the story (as the earliest audiences would have been) so it would be easy to follow.... Just the same, I think it could be a tough listen and I've got a credit I could burn at that!

Just my take on it.
I think I'm going to see if I can find the Clare Danes reading of The Odyssey Wilson translation first. Possibly second hand on CD. I would be inclined to sit and follow along with the audio. I read a lot of Japanese literature, but have not read much Greek since I took it at university.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote