View Single Post
Old 10-04-2023, 04:46 PM   #31544
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrangerhere View Post
I'm debating reading or listening to Emily Wilson's new translation of The Iliad. I would not normally listen to it, but I am SORELY tempted by the great Audra McDonald.
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrangerhere View Post
Oh, I've listened to a sample. I'm just not sure if I want to shell out $37 for it. We don't do audible in this house.
I've already picked this up as text and should get to it soon. As for the audio, I love Audra McDonald and of course the original experience of The Iliad was aural and I'm thoroughly familiar with the story (as the earliest audiences would have been) so it would be easy to follow.... Just the same, I think it could be a tough listen and I've got a credit I could burn at that!

Just my take on it.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote