View Single Post
Old 09-30-2023, 04:56 AM   #8
rsuchwani
Enthusiast
rsuchwani ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rsuchwani ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rsuchwani ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rsuchwani ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rsuchwani ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rsuchwani ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rsuchwani ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rsuchwani ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rsuchwani ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rsuchwani ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rsuchwani ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, Kindle, Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Media queries will help if the renderer supports them. Unfortunately, the number of ePub renderers that I have seen on Android devices that support any media queries are pretty small.

My personal preference is to have all images/boxes sized in % as this seems to be the best supported option.

You might want to take a look at a Vellum created epub since the media.css file is nothing but a collection of media queries which can give you some ideas that you can use.
Hi @DNSB,

That's actually a really helpful suggestion, I'll definitely check out the ePub created by Vellum.

@Turtle91,

The Context, once again, is rephrased for better understanding:

My experiences with ePubs, especially when they're read on any Android-based epub reader are not something we might call satisfactory, there's always some kind of mishap, images cut off, text doesn't flow right, and pages don't always break or break too soon, even though epub styled very generic, there's always something that doesn't work. That's why I want to have absolutely restricted display options using media queries. The devices that will be used to read this ePub are very specific (because this ePub is a kind of learning manual that will be distributed only to the workers/employees of the company, and on very specific devices that are given by the company to the employees).

@JSWolf,

Thanks for suggesting the ePub readers, I guess if I don't follow on media queries, I can style the ePub as best as I can and suggest the same ePub readers.
rsuchwani is offline   Reply With Quote