View Single Post
Old 09-18-2023, 06:17 PM   #12
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
I've never had any email on custom address I used for oldest Kobo, or on any others since. Not from any source other than my own test emails
The only email I used to register a Kobo that gets Kobo emails is purchase confirmations of ebooks bought from Kobo, which I download to PC.

I don't need WiFi or Sync on any ereader.

If the Kobo mounts as storage via USB you don't even need the Kobo Desktop. Simply download and unzip from here
https://pgaskin.net/KoboStuff/kobofirmware.html
Put the unzipped files and folder into .kobo on the Kobo Aura, eject and it will update.

The PRS650 is OK; I have the PRS350, but only advantage is small size. The H2O Original, Libra, Nia, Libra2 and Sage are all far better and integrate better with Calibre.

I looked at PRS+, but couldn't see the point vs risk of messing up a decent PRS350.

I have the Boyue Likebook Mars 7.8" and I think it's junk compared to Kindle or Kobo. The only advantage, and the reason I got it, is to use the Android App for the Libraries here in Ireland. It's got no sane library / metadata interface like Sony / Kindle / Kobo. Maybe be more use when KOReader gets a Metadata interface instead of folder browsing + Search. But MTP is a pain.

Last edited by Quoth; 09-18-2023 at 06:23 PM.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote