View Single Post
Old 09-18-2023, 05:58 PM   #11
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by wndrstrck View Post
I stopped upgrading my wife's Kobo because honestly there were a couple really crappy FW upgrades and well honestly didn't see the harm in holding it back. I will be able to get it back with bypass method and just use it as a dumb reader (no account or sync).
Yes, there was one really bad firmware update. But if you keep up with the firmware threads here on MR, you'd know if there was a reason to not install the new firmware. The problem exists with your wife's Kobo because you stopped updating the firmware.

You do need to register your wife's Kobo. There is no harm in doing so. I've had a Kobo for 9 years. I've been registered all that time. I do keep the WiFi off and I do not sync. I download any eBooks from Kobo as ePub and I strip the DRM from all eBooks I purchase.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote