View Single Post
Old 09-15-2023, 05:28 PM   #123
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee.hauser View Post
I'm relatively new to Kobo (Libra 2 specifically) and after the firmware update (right in the middle transferring a large number of books from Calibre to the device), my NickelMenu gives me a "generator error" instead of showing Koreader and Plato. I haven't seen anyone else complain about this, so I don't know if its unexpected behavior or not. Should I just reinstall?
You don't need KFMon. You can setup NickelMenu commands to run KOReader & Plato so you never have to reinstall after a firmware update.

Here is the file I have to launch KOReader via NickelMenu. It's in .adds/nm and it's called koreader.You can look in the same directory to see if there is a file for Plato and fix it accordingly.

Code:
# Launch KOReader via KFMon
# NOTE: .adds/nm/kfmon will generate this automatically
#menu_item : main : KOReader : kfmon     : koreader.png

# Launch KOReader directly via NM (>= KOReader 2020.05)
menu_item : main : KOReader2 : cmd_spawn : quiet : exec /mnt/onboard/.adds/koreader/koreader.sh
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote