Banana Bread is just great. Easy to make and great comfort food.
* Melted low-fat dairy spread, to grease
* 265g (1 3/4 cups) self-raising flour
* 40g (1/4 cup) plain flour
* 1 tsp ground cinnamon
* 140g (2/3 cup, firmly packed) brown sugar
* 125ml (1/2 cup) skim milk
* 2 eggs, lightly whisked
* 50g butter, melted, cooled
* 2 overripe medium bananas, mashed
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Brush an 11 x 21cm (base measurement) loaf pan with melted dairy spread to lightly grease. Line the base and 2 opposite sides with non-stick baking paper, allowing it to overhang.
2. Sift the combined flours and cinnamon into a large bowl. Stir in the sugar and make a well in the centre. Place the milk, eggs, melted butter and banana in a medium bowl, and stir until well combined. Add the banana mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just combined. Spoon the mixture into the prepared pan and smooth the surface.
3. Bake in preheated oven for 45-50 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Remove from oven and set aside in the pan for 5 minutes. Turn onto a wire rack to cool completely. Cut into slices to serve.