View Single Post
Old 09-10-2023, 12:50 PM   #29
OtinG
Old Gadget Guy
OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, iPhone 13 Pro Max, iPad mini 6, iPad Air 2020, Alexa Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
It appears pretty much all iOS and iPad apps will be available on visionOS. The App Store will be showing up in the SDK simulator in the next update or two. It will be interesting to track visionOS specific features that appear in next few months in said apps.
Don't hold your breath...most iPadOS apps still won't even run on macOS. Apple is full of hot air, typical BS marketing we see across the industry. With iPadOS apps they left it up to the developers to adapt their iPadOS apps to run in macOS. If Apple leaves it up to the developers to adapt their iOS and iPadOS apps to run in visionOS, I wouldn't expect very many to appear anytime soon. If I were an iOS and/or iPadOS developer I would view visionOS as another Newton, and thus I would drag my feet to see just how big (or incredibly small) that market will become. At the price range of this headset I suspect their will be an issue with sales, and I doubt very many beyond hardcore gamers who never date will buy it. Even if some within the scientific community adopt it, there will likely be very few purchases therein. I think it might be a terrific gadget, but I suspect its cost will doom it to failure.

Last edited by OtinG; 09-10-2023 at 01:02 PM.
OtinG is offline   Reply With Quote