View Single Post
Old 08-29-2023, 06:46 AM   #51
thiago.eec
Guru
thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Question: I had a finished book added to 2021. I started re-reading it, so I changed the percentage to 1%. It didn't appear in rereading, so I added it to 2023.
Let me explain a couple of things:
1) The current year database is actively updated to always reflect the info on your library, with the exception of 'Abandoned' books, that are not updated
2) Other year's data is kept untouched too, after added
3) The auto update for the current year is triggered by:
- A value change to the reading progress column: this generates a new record, that can be seen under the book on the 'Edit reading goal' dialog, by pressing the 'Show records' button
- Opening the 'Edit reading goal' and 'Statistics' dialogs

That being said, if you add a finished book to 2021, it won't get new updates, if you changes its metadata. That's intentional, since your 2021 goal can't really be changed (it's in the past) after it was finished.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Now I see it duplicated - there's entries for both 2021 and 2023 but they have separate records and the latter is listed as reading instead of rereading. Is this intended?

This was the testing version prior to 1.0.7.
1.0.7 fixed a lot of bugs, including the rereading algorithm. If I understand correctly by your other message, the problem is solved, right?

And just to be clear: When you add the book to 2023 goal, it will be listed in both goals (2021 and 2023), sure. It will be under 'Read' on the 2021 goal, and under 'Rereading' in your 2023 goal, with a counter of (1x). As it is right now, the plugin keeps it in this shelf even when you finish rereading.
thiago.eec is offline   Reply With Quote