a bit of succes
Well, AutoIt support operations with COM objects but like you will see it's a little bit tricky to manage that.
First I tried to do everything in a single script but... surprise... when I want to catch the OnBuildStart event using BuildFromWordDoc the result is... nothing. The event is not firing my function in AutoIt for overriding default project settings.
I can catch this event if I use BuildFromHtmlFile but surprise again... the default projects settings are used despite of what I do in my function. I think AutoIt have some problems with some events with some COMs... especially with SBPublisher COM.
So I decided to write only a GUI wrapper for word2imp.js first.
Here are the results.
First the source file (contains the autoit script and the jscript)
Second, the executable (contains the compiled autoit executable and again the jscript)