View Single Post
Old 08-24-2023, 09:26 AM   #6
Comfy.n
want to learn what I want
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Calibre E-book viewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by thiago.eec View Post
Thank you, @Comfy.n.

I'll wait for your comments.

P.S: the plugin is also available in pt-BR
Hi @thiago.ecc!

I read more often in Calibre's Ebook viewer, and I had never observed that the Count Pages plugin doesn't pull the actual number of pages from it, even if the specific Viewer Algorithm is selected in the plugin options.

So I decided to create a second Page Count custom column, and now I have:

- Page Count - #pages - used by the Count Pages plugin (good for quick comparisons, as it makes a one-click automagical estimate of the page count based on the chosen algorithm)

- Viewer Pages - #vp - the actual number of pages displayed in my Ebook viewer Header. I'm filling this manually.

For Reading Goals I have set up the second one. Ideally, the #vp value should be obtained automatically, but the Count Pages PI developer isn't adding new features to his plugins at this time - and i'm not sure this is possible. See:

Click image for larger version

Name:	MWSnap 2023-08-24, 10_02_16.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	119.7 KB
ID:	203327

As for the Reading Progress (percentage), I haven't figured a way to update it...

Also, it would be nice to have a "select book in library" button similar to the one in the FTS window, or perhaps a double-click action in the 'Edit reading goal' dialog.

After I installed the plugin, I created all custom columns manually, using the parameters provided in the first post - I missed that "Only columns of the right type will be available in the dropdown list" bit, so perhaps this could be emphasized or made more obvious in the instructions: all the user has to do to create the columns is to click the buttons located on the right side of the dropdown. Not a big deal, anyway. (this was just me skipping steps because I hadn't paid attention to this line: )
You can create new custom columns, if you don't want to use the existing ones, by pressing the icon.

As for pt-br availability: that's cool, though I love all my OS and software in English, you know... don't ask me why as I can't tell exactly, but I think one of the reasons is that it makes it easier to find support. BTW there's a small typo in the 'Edit reading goal' help dialogue: should be "The options are.."

Last edited by Comfy.n; 08-24-2023 at 11:56 PM.
Comfy.n is offline   Reply With Quote