View Single Post
Old 07-24-2023, 04:12 AM   #37
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie View Post
I have a Kobo Sage and in the last 3-4 weeks I've had to factory reset it 3 times so far. I use Calibre to manage my library and when I plug the Kobo into the computer I get a message saying there's something wrong with it and to reformat. I quickly eject it and when opening the Kobo all of my books, the first 2 times, were taken out of their folders and all just on the main drive leaving empty folders. This last time, today, it deleted all of my books except for one author which still had all of their books in the folder. All of the other folders showed zero books. Since I had nothing to lose I plugged it back into my computer again and the message didn't pop up but Calibre said it couldn't communicate with the device and I couldn't add any books to the Kobo.
At first I wasn't sure if it was my Kobo or my computer but since I can factory reset it and all is good again for a few days, it must be the Kobo. I have firmware 4.37.21586.
For the first time I'm considering a Kindle but only the Scribe has a large screen.
Any advice or suggestions? Or anyone else experiencing the same thing? Wait for a firmware update or is it broken? It's only 6 months old. I've used Kobo for many years. Not happy with this one.
My suggestion is to install the latest firmware,

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=354942
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote