View Single Post
Old 07-16-2023, 11:41 PM   #59
culytera
Zealot
culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicleeblair View Post
This is INSANE I’m sure this is simple, but I can’t figure it out.

There are two things I’d like to do to make tags that use the character names easier to manage. First, those that mix the character with a descriptive adjective (e.g. Deaf Clint Barton) I’d like to change to just my tag to that adjective

Shouldn’t that be something like
add_replace_metadata:
tag=>^.[Dd]eaf.*=>Deafness
This should work but only for tags that have "Deaf" at the beginning.
Code:
replace_metadata:
 freeformtags=>^([Dd]eaf).*=>Deafness
Assuming you mean the freeformtags, then it'll look like this:

If you also include freeformtags in Calibre's tags (controlled by the include_subject_tags setting), I think it should change in Calibre's tags as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicleeblair View Post
From there, I’d like to then delete tags that use character names. I’d use

exclude_metadata_post:
tag=~^. Clint .*

I haven’t tried it yet, because I’ve been trying to do the first part. Also, is there anyway to do it more generally, not just putting in every name?
You can exclude characters in Calibre's tag system:
Code:
include_subject_tags: freeformtags, category, ships, status, whatever you want
If you want to exclude mentioned characters in freeformtags, I don't think it's possible to do it without inputting the characters manually via exclude_metadata.

Last edited by culytera; 07-17-2023 at 02:37 AM.
culytera is offline   Reply With Quote