View Single Post
Old 07-15-2023, 05:55 AM   #35
Ned
Ebook reader
Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O (ed 2, v1), Kobo Forma, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by allanahk View Post
Hello all

In stock kobo (and on my kindle prior to kobo) my favourite dictionary was the Oxford Advanced Learners, available online in stardict format but with horrendous formatting. Someone (wink wink) converted it to kobo dicthtml and cleaned up the formatting in the process, and that same person has also just finished cleaning up the original stardict format - removing references to .jpg and .wav files, condensing the line spacing, adjusting the margins, etc.

I highly recommend this dictionary (especially for non-native speakers) as the definitions are easy to understand and quite thorough. It's particularly nice in combination with the wonderful SOED posted here (for more in depth definitions) and Wiktionary (for more obscure/pop culture references).

If anyone is interested, let me know and I can post a link here.
Is that available anywhere in the kobo format?
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote