View Single Post
Old 10-20-2006, 08:10 PM   #10
BuddyBoy
eBookin' Fool
BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
BuddyBoy's Avatar
 
Posts: 308
Karma: 1008360
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Vancouver, BC
Device: Kindle Paperwhite, KK, iPad (Ex Prs 505, 500, Reb1100-2150, Rocket)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamG
I just tried Amber. It removed all the paragraph spaces, when converted to .rtf or .txt format. Am I missing something? Now my text looks like constant text with no breaks.
William, you might want to try something that I'm having some sucess with. Er.. with which I'm having some success. That's better.

I'm using ConvertLIT to convert my secure lits to unsecure lit (CLIT securename.lit unsecname.lit), then using the Book Designer app to convert the unsecured lits to the libre LRF format.

I prefer my print a little larger so I'm using the options of book style simple, book text 22, book cover 32, paragraph indent 5, marging left 5, margin top 0, page width 600, lines per page 20, and unselecting the option to hyphenate words on break.

The result isn't 110% perfect, but it's very good. I think one of the few things that bothers me is that the quotation marks (") aren't converted to the proper open and closed marks but just stay at the straight up and down " marks. And trust me, if that's the only niggling thing, it's pretty good. Oh, and it doesn't like accented characters so things like cafe with the accented e show up as caf .

I did notice that it had problems reading SOME unsecured .lit files. I may try using another tool to creat .rb files from those exploded .lit oeb files, and then convert the .rb to the libre .lrf.

I've been converting .lits to .imps for years to feed my Gemstar jones. While this solutions isn't as easy as Steve Breeno's GEB Librarian, it is easier than remaking all the files using the Gemstar Publisher.

Last edited by BuddyBoy; 10-20-2006 at 08:13 PM.
BuddyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote