View Single Post
Old 10-20-2006, 06:11 PM   #14
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by flumbo
They only get that figure by figuring each of the 10,000 readers has a $50 connect book store credit attached...
According to the newsletter, they got the info from sources in the US sales (emphasis is mine):

According to our sources in the US sales of the Sony Reader got off to flying start with most retailers selling out within a few days. An initial batch of 10,000 units of the new reader was delivered to Sony US in September and these went on sale in around 750 shops across the US as well as via online outlets such as Amazon and of course Sony’s own online sales operation.

And further:

We understand that a second batch of 10,000 will be delivered very soon.

Now I could be wrong but I don't see any Sony Reader on Amazon... and as far as I remember, the Reader got pulled from there even before it was available for order. What I want to say: take these claims with a grain of salt!

Last edited by TadW; 10-20-2006 at 06:14 PM.
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote