Thread: New Fire Max 11
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2023, 07:55 PM   #5
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertway View Post
There is a desktop utility called Fire Toolbox which makes it very simple to install the Google Framework and Google Playstore on Fire Tablets. You can even use it to install a different launcher. I don't know if it's caught up with the Max yet.
It wouldn't matter to me either way. I have all the apps I need on iOS (and then some), and better devices to run them on. It has been years since I've used an Android device regularly, much less required these to do anything important.

I was just noting that the situation has not really improved despite the many years Amazon has been at this. It suggests their claims about Fire being a 'productivity' device are inflated, and that they do not care. Never mind Google apps, why no Edge browser, for example, when they're already promoting Office running on there? Who said 'no', Amazon or Microsoft? Did it even come up for discussion?

For the most part, I approach Fire on its own terms, and that means I pretty much ignore the Appstore.

Last edited by tomsem; 06-27-2023 at 08:12 PM.
tomsem is online now   Reply With Quote