View Single Post
Old 06-24-2023, 12:54 PM   #755
readthinksurvive
Connoisseur
readthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmos

Device: kindle oasis; kobo elipsa/libra; pocketbook 741; SNA4X
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88% View Post
Quoth is correct - stores would've stopped carrying this unit long ago. If there is something specific you'd like to see I'd be more than happy to shoot a short video clip.

I'd see nothing wrong with using the DPT-S1 as a clipboard the way you describe. The only issues I'd foresee have to do with speed:
  • to be able to take multiple pages of notes/sketches at the same speed as paper, you'd be using a multi-paged single pdf document. Creating a new pdf takes several taps, while adding a sheet to an existing pdf is done with a single swipe left from the final page
  • working from the notes you've taken won't be able to match the speed of paper. I don't have this issue with notes because I take them on the unit and process on my laptop, but the DPT-S1 doesn't move fast enough for me to use it as a manager for my references on the fly. For example, if someone asks a group to refer to a specific page of a document, I'll usually be the last one to the page.

Quoth mentions needing special Sony software, but I believe he/she may be thinking about the DPT-RP1. I can confirm that no software is needed to transfer files to/from a DPT-S1. It's just plug and play.
what do you mean by it’s not fast? Can I see an example, if you were to write super fast like you need to write it down before you forget, also have you ever ran out of storage on it? If you were to have it for years
readthinksurvive is offline   Reply With Quote