View Single Post
Old 06-17-2023, 05:45 AM   #23
salamanderjuice
Guru
salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
With SharePlay you can watch with up to 33 people (with or without Vision Pro).

There are certainly large numbers of solitary people. It would be an elegant alternative to finding room for a 50"+ HDTV in a small studio apartment as well. And use it for other things as well.
You can already do this sort of thing now with an Oculus Quest 2 and the Bigscreen app. And it's only $300. I've done just that and it can be fun but setup is involved compared to just flicking on the TV. But it still only makes sense to do it watching a movie without another real person in the room.

Yes, the Vision Pro has better displays and it should solve the "where is my drink?" problem of the Oculus Quest but it is over ten times the cost. I really can't see it replacing too many TV sets.
salamanderjuice is offline   Reply With Quote