View Single Post
Old 04-13-2023, 05:34 AM   #10
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
I would say that the vast majority of my customers either a) don't have devices or b) don't sideload our files onto those devices. Don't know how.
Sadly true.
I worked for a few years giving IT courses and many don't want to know how. Oddly in the Business College Secretary class the girls with no prior computer experience learned more. In the Businessman / Executive "secret" one-to-one classes they either quickly gave up or employed me (or someone else) to create the spreadsheet, database or program realising that actually learning how to create these things was orders of magnitude harder than using one customised for their task (perhaps tracking Christmas toy orders made in the Spring).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
they use KP3 and they're pretty happy with that, or some combo of KP3, along with ADE or Books Reader for Mac/iPad or the like.

You gotta remember, if you've forgotten, oh-out-of-the-direct-to-author-business-One, that most self-published authors do not think of themselves as PUBLISHERS. And don't see the need to behave as a publisher would. You and I think about these things differently than do they.
Yes, I know.

And most won't use styles, instead using Word as a kind of glass typewriter, though that's better than "ed".

Last edited by Quoth; 04-13-2023 at 05:36 AM.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote