View Single Post
Old 04-08-2023, 08:28 AM   #8
famfam
Connoisseur
famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrik View Post
pdf on the tiny Clara screen? I wouldn't.... I would very much prefer to read on my tablet or laptop.

Or buy ABBYY Finereader and convert to epub.
Im Prinzip hast Du ja recht. Aber: Wenn das Buch dick ist, also mehrer hundert Seiten, und zuviele Anmerkungen hat, dann wird die Konvertierung in epub zur Sisyphusarbeit. Laptop ist ok, aber nur, wenn er nicht zu schwer ist. Wäre schön wenn man es mit Kobo Clara HD lesen könnte. Aber dann muss es optionen geben wie Cropping der Ränder und gute Anpassung an das Display des Kobo Clara HD. Wäre schön, wenn es solche Möglichkeiten für Kobo Clara HD gäbe. Und wenn man die Schrift stufenlos vergrößern könnte wie bei epub. Aber gibt es leider nicht.
english:
In principle you are right. But: If the book is long, i.e. several hundred pages, and has too many annotations, then converting it to epub becomes a Sisyphean task. Laptop is ok, but only if it is not too heavy. Would be nice if you could read it with Kobo Clara HD. But then there must be options like cropping the edges and fitting well to the Kobo Clara HD's display. Would be nice if there were such possibilities for Kobo Clara HD. And if the font could be continuously enlarged like in epub. But unfortunately there isn't.
famfam is offline   Reply With Quote