View Single Post
Old 03-25-2023, 09:30 PM   #21
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Critteranne View Post
Following the posts about the article, there has been a lot of discussion about literary authors versus authors with "invisible prose." Some of the debate has been fascinating, and some of it has consisted of "nyah nyah I'm better than you because I read Mervyn Peake."

I decided to wander off and read on a pile of mammoth skins in my Neanderthal cave.
Believe me. Over the years, I've read the hilarously bad book Creation Descending three or four times. I've read the sequels as well. I'm not in an ivory tower tut-tutting the Neanderthal Sanderson fans.

But there's invisible prose and the n there's prose that occasionally works on your nerves.

Quote:
Those are two names I never though I'd see in the same sentence.
They are both performers who are either ignored or mocked by critics who nonetheless were wildly successful.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote