View Single Post
Old 03-25-2023, 12:31 PM   #8
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Circling back to comment that it's been a long time since I've had an Audible subscription and I miss it not at all. Between my backlog there and audiobooks on OverDrive and Hoopla, I've got more than enough to listen to for a very long time. It might be different if audiobooks were my preferred medium to text, but it's not; i.e., there's nothing that I'd strongly prefer to hear rather than read and I'm content with what I can get.

The only possible exception for me will be if OverDrive locks down their audiobooks so they're app-only, as OD is how I stock my waterproof MP3 player in the summer. In that case, I'll look to Downpour.
I miss the Audible subscription a little bit, for books that are unavailable at my libraries. I've totally lost track of which sites have a straightforward mp3 download, and which ones would try to make me use their app or jump through hoops for a purchased book. I was thinking that maybe I'll rejoin Audible if there's a good Prime Day offer, but then I remembered that I canceled Prime!

(I did get my preorder with no problem after canceling Audible.)
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote