View Single Post
Old 03-17-2023, 02:58 PM   #1743
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by enuddleyarbl View Post
In my situation, that titlepage.xhtml is the Cover page that Calibre produces. Jacket.xhtml is the jacket Calibre produces (probably as a result of the "Insert Metadata as Page at Start of Book" option under Structure Detection) and sticks in there (usually immediately after the titlepage.xhtml (i.e. in the 2nd position). Tpage.xhtml is actually a title page (usually, the book has it and I just rename it to that). Since that jacket is a Calibre product (which I like and use), it probably doesn't have a standard position. But, almost always, it's in that second position.

The issue I'm having is that for a very small number of books, Modify ePub just keeps putting it in 3rd position and I can't figure out why. AFAICT, in those "Miscellaneous" files, "jacket" shows up only in the .opf file (two locations: manifest (which is unordered) and spine (which is ordered)). In the problematic books, it doesn't matter where the jacket entry is (or where I drag the file in the File Browser). The plugin just moves it to the 3rd position without any obvious instruction to do so.
Then you are missing the titlepage. What did you do with the titlepage?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote