View Single Post
Old 02-23-2023, 03:19 PM   #8
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Basic markup was probably invented in the 19th C. Certainly used by typists before personal computing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Those should use Notepad (a simple Text editor) and get the words paragraphs down in a file (s). then let a Pro format from there.
They won't. Most want latest MS Word or if on Apple, Pages.
Or even Scrivener.

OTOH allegedly GRR Martin uses Wordstar (I've used it on CP/M and MS-DOS and later incompatible programs from same company). Also Wordperfect and MS Word both on DOS.

Word and Writer both recognise basic markup of imported or copy/pasted plain text.

I used to teach wordprocessing and I bet Hitch has seen scarier MSS from Word than I have.

Then there was the secretary that used only one file on her PC. She just kept adding letters to it and would select the part to print

Last edited by Quoth; 02-23-2023 at 03:23 PM.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote