Thread: PRS-500 PRSUtil.exe
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2006, 04:20 AM   #1
geekraver
Addict
geekraver can eat soup with a fork.geekraver can eat soup with a fork.geekraver can eat soup with a fork.geekraver can eat soup with a fork.geekraver can eat soup with a fork.geekraver can eat soup with a fork.geekraver can eat soup with a fork.geekraver can eat soup with a fork.geekraver can eat soup with a fork.geekraver can eat soup with a fork.geekraver can eat soup with a fork.

Device: iPad,Nexus 7,Kobo Glo
PRSUtil.exe

[Edited to reflect latest version]

I'm pleased to announce PRSUtil.exe, a tool for accessing the reader that does not require Python. Thanks to Igor et al without whom I would never have got this together.

The zip file contains a compiled version as well as the C sources and VS.Net support files.

You either need to copy it to your c:\Program Files\Sony\CONNECT Reader\Data\bin directory, or you need to copy the files ebookUsb.dll and prsctr.dll from that directory to whatever directory you install PRSutil.exe in.

The syntax for the current usage is:
PRSUtil <cmd> [-lR] [<path> ...]
where:
-l will list file type and size info if <cmd> is 'ls' or 'dir'
-R will recurse, if <cmd> supports recursion
The default path for 'ls' or 'dir' is /.

Thus, to dump the whole file tree, you could use:
PRSUtil ls -R
The available commands are:
ls [-lR] <path>... - list directory contents (can use 'dir' instead of 'ls')
del <path>... - delete one or more files from the reader
get [-R] <readerPath> [<PCpath] - copy one or more files off the reader
put <pcfile> [<readerfile] - put a file on the reader
For 'put', if no destination path is specified, the <pcfile> will be installed as a book. 'put' won't delete an existing file so if you want to overwrite a file on the reader you'll first need to delete it.

NOTE: YOU USE THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK - I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY OR LOST OR DAMAGED DATA OR HARDWARE. It works for me.
Attached Files
File Type: zip PRSUtil.zip (8.3 KB, 589 views)

Last edited by geekraver; 01-24-2007 at 02:36 AM.
geekraver is offline   Reply With Quote