View Single Post
Old 01-28-2023, 01:01 PM   #15
Pierre Lawrence
Connoisseur
Pierre Lawrence ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pierre Lawrence ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pierre Lawrence ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pierre Lawrence ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pierre Lawrence ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pierre Lawrence ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pierre Lawrence ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pierre Lawrence ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pierre Lawrence ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pierre Lawrence ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pierre Lawrence ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, nook
Hope you’re right about ChatGBT not replacing good art or writing, at least for now, but I’m not sure going forward. Though not strictly comparable, I’m reminded of Big Blue’s chess matches with Garry Kasparov, a one-time grand master and courageous opponent of Putin, in the 1990s. Kasparov defeated Big Blue in the first match, but even so, a computer for the first time won a chess game (actually two) against a human opponent. Big Blue won the rematch a year later, with Garry resigning in disgust and stomping out of the room, if I remember correctly. A Google version of Big Blue subsequently defeated human champions in Go, a Chinese game that apparently has many more possible outcomes than chess, and requires more nuanced AI, i.e., neural networks and reinforcement learning, according to Wikipedia, as opposed to the brute force employed by Big Blue to win.
Pierre Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote