View Single Post
Old 01-23-2023, 03:28 PM   #44
isarl
Addict
isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritolays View Post
But seeing as the forums karma trolls are here to just waffle,
Friend, you're literally on a forum for people who are motivated enough to create a forum account to discuss ereading devices, as you yourself did to share your solution in an attempt to help people, which is very admirable. While I understand your frustration, I also don't see any trolls in this thread, just a bunch of curious individuals trying to make sense of surprising information. While I claim no ability to read minds, my expectation is that your sharing the actual files will be earnestly appreciated.

Regarding removing previews, I did read your comment saying the books (or previews, or whatever the things were that you saw which you didn't want to continue seeing) did not appear in Calibre. I have not tried the feature myself but I do note that the KoboTouch and KoboTouchExtended plugins have configuration options in the “Metadata, on device & advanced” tab concerning treatment of recommendations, archived books, and previews. If you have any further curiosity on this subject, and if you were not already aware of these options, then I offer them to you as something to experiment with only insofar as your own interest dictates.

I didn't examine them in very great detail but just a quick scan over the filesizes in the kepub.zip you shared passes the most rudimentary of sanity checks; I have many books on my own device in the range of 200–500 kB or so and even the smallest in your zip file was around 40 kB, which would be pretty short, so might be a preview, but could also be a single short story or something. Anyway – to sum up here, thank you for contributing to the thread!
isarl is offline   Reply With Quote