View Single Post
Old 04-15-2009, 11:36 AM   #14
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
No,really I just do this for the fun of HTML encoding. I'm learning it;
but tell me, you took the printed version,just create one big HTML file,and add the flag + flag info to every country?

Unfortunately in LRF I can't keep the original formatting.. I was thinking in lines of creating one chapter per country, subchapter being the flag, flaginfo, map, and following all the other information.

What approach did you use? (I'd be interested to see how you did it).
I was basically merging all info in one big file,cleaning it up a bit,and then infusing all flag files.
I used the print version,because it's cleaner than the web version to work with.
I found it better to keep the files separate. There are about 9 single files, and 2 groups of files (260 country pages and 250 flag pages). The single files have to be edited one at a time, but each group of files can be edited at once.

I started with the web version, but kept none of the original formatting. Instead, I replaced it with some very basic html tags.

The formatting of each group is internally consistent. When you figure out what looks best on the Sony Reader, you can change it all at once. If you instead decided to copy everything in to one file, you will need to edit it in a linear fashion.

It's going to take you at least 20 hours of work to get the source material to where I have it. Editing it one line at a time is really boring.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote