View Single Post
Old 01-06-2023, 12:08 AM   #18
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by slm View Post
Any e-ink kindle--even one with a cracked screen will do, the older the better, since the old one can't read kfx.

Until recently I downloaded newspapers "for" my registered Kindle 1! (I don't know where the machine is, but it doesn't matter. (I wanted the older newpaper format.)

I took a quick look at ebay and saw one for $20 (Kindle touch, gen 4).

In fact, there is one for $12, listed as parts-only but it probably can be registered on Amazon manually.
You should be able to register that model over wifi. But you need 2 factor authentication turned on so you get a PIN to append to your password (I think you can also set it up with an authenticator app and not just a mobile number).

I had the 4th generation Kindle (non touch) briefly just a couple of months ago and was able to register it successfully (I traded it in towards a new Kindle). The Kindle Touch is also 4th generation.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote