View Single Post
Old 04-14-2009, 09:56 PM   #34
Harmon
King of the Bongo Drums
Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Excelsior! (Strange...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabound View Post
I quite agree with this. The issue of fingerprints is a red herring.
It's really quite astonishing. If I look at the screen of my iPhone, I can see that it's all smudged up. But somehow, that has exactly no impact on my viewing experience.

The iPhone screen is a marvel. About ten years ago, I got my eyes lasered, having become extremely nearsighted from all the reading I did in the womb. I had one eye corrected to 20/20, and the other to 20/40, in order to limit my need for reading glasses. While I do use reading glasses for comfort, for treebooks, computers, and my 505, I can get along without them, and I flat don't need them for reading the iPhone.

Now, that's amazing enough. But here's the thing - it turns out that I have a minor defect in my 20/40 eye, apparently an artifact from the laser surgery. I never even noticed it until I got the iphone. The screen is that clear and sharp.
Harmon is offline   Reply With Quote